Even though one can define Sales and Operations Planning simply as:
a communication and decision-making process:
- to balance demand and supply
- to set plans for volume that will guide the detailed mix
- to integrate financial, product development and operating plans
every S&OP implementation will be different from another one. This is because S&OP is the delicate exercise that affects the operational heartbeat of a company and ultimately its operational performance.
The companies choosing SAP S&OP on HANA
SAP customers choosing S&OP on HANA may be:
- in the process of rolling out globally S&OP
- performing already S&OP but with some business limitations (i.e. limited integration with financial planning)
- running S&OP with outdated software solutions
- currently adopting S&OP practices
- interested in getting more control over the mix
- <your situation here>.
The required skillsets
Regardless of the scenario, implementing efficiently S&OP on HANA requires the following skillset:
- understanding of the planning and operational processes (business view)
- experience in change management (change management)
- ability to model mathematically business problems (data modeling)
- command of the S&OP on HANA engine mechanism (functional view)
- ability to communicate efficiently to business users, IT experts, SAP consultants and developers (technical view)
BizBrain has the right professionals. Founded by a long time SAP employee, and a previous development architect at SAP Labs in Palo Alto, BizBrain delivers outstanding services, because it provides the seniority, the knowledge and the experience required to make the SAP customers satisfied and successful.